Last Updated: January 17, 2022
- Your acknowledgment
- Sources and types of personal information we collect
- How we use collected information
- Sharing information with third parties
- How we use and how you can restrict online data collection
- Opting-out of e-mail marketing communications
- How we protect your information
- Links to social media, third-party features, and third-party websites
- Children's privacy
- California Shine The Light request
- Contacting us
RIC, and service providers acting on our behalf, collect and use the personal information you submit directly when you use our Site, attend our events, or interact with us in other ways.
Our collection and use of your personal information is subject to the following limitations:
- Your express permission (“opt-in”) before we collect certain types of personal information, such as your mailing address, telephone number, and your email address;
- Any specific terms applicable to the services or products you request; and
Subject to those limitations, we may collect and use your personal information depending on how you use our Site.
- Membership Application. When you complete and submit a Membership Application, we collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to us. Your personal information may include your name, email address, telephone number and mailing address. We collect and use that information in order to approve your application, to communicate with you about your membership; and to provide technical and customer support to you.
- Site Activities. We collect the information you provide when you make a purchase through us, subscribe to our emails, register for an event, enter a survey, or communicate with us by e-mail or online.
- Event Attendance. We may collect personal information from you when you attend an online or live event presented by RIC.
- Cookies and Other Online Tracking Technologies. RIC and its affiliates, service providers, and data analytic providers use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts to automatically collect information about how you interact with our Site, analyze trends, administer our Site, track users’ interactions with our Site, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual and aggregated basis. See the section, “HOW WE USE AND HOW YOU CAN RESTRICT ONLINE DATA COLLECTION.”
We may use the information we collect about you (including personal information, to the extent applicable) in the following ways:
- To process your Membership Application, and to send you related information, including confirmations and information regarding your membership;
- To process event registrations and other purchases;
- To enable you to access and use our Site in accordance with your preferences and settings;
- To communicate with you about administrative matters relating to your use of our Site, security, support and maintenance advisories, changes to our terms and policies, providing customer service, and responding to your questions or concerns;
- If you decided to opt-in, for marketing and advertising purposes to contact you with offers from us or our business partners, including emails and newsletters that include information about us, updates, and related product or service information.
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with Site usage statistics for performance and product development purposes;
- For security, fraud detection purposes, and legal purposes to verify your identity, protect you and other users from inappropriate or fraudulent use of our Site;
- To use your feedback to improve our products and services; and
- We may use the information to comply with legal obligations; protect our rights, safety or property, and/or that of our partners, you or others; to enforce or defend our legal rights; and to respond to governmental requests.
We will not sell any personal information that we have collected from our Site or otherwise about you. We may share personal information with the following categories of third parties for the business reasons described below.
Service Providers. We may engage third parties to perform administrative and technology functions on our behalf. Examples include: fulfilling orders; hosting our Site; providing customer service; managing account usernames and passwords; sending promotional emails and other marketing services; and providing information technology support, hosting, and storage. These service providers may have access to personal information in order to perform their functions, but they are not permitted to use personal information for their own business purposes.
Data Analytics Services. When you use our Site, online data about you and your activities are collected by Google Analytics and other third-party data analytics services using cookies and similar technologies. The data analytics providers may also use the aggregated data they collect on our Site for their own business purposes. You can learn about how Google collects and processes data at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You can learn about the controls Google offers to manage the collection and use of your information at https://policies.google.com/privacy.
Business Transactions. We reserve the right to disclose or transfer your personal information in connection with a business transaction such as a financing, reorganization, merger, or substantial sale of a business.
General Location Data. We will collect general location information from your device data or Internet Protocol (IP) address.
Site Analytics and Digital Advertising. We use Google Analytics and/or other third-party data analytics providers to place cookies, record usage data, and provide reports to us. These reports help us to analyze individual and aggregated visiting patterns, gather statistical data on how visitors use our Site, how often pages of the Site are visited, and other metrics used to assess and improve the Site’s performance. We also log IP addresses and mobile device identifiers, which are the locations of devices on the Internet, in order to retain your preferences and help to customize your experience on the Site.
The analytics providers may monitor a user’s visits to the Site and combine this data with data from other websites and apps they monitor and then use the aggregated findings for their own commercial purposes. They also may have means of correlating data from the Site to an identifiable individual, in which case the processing of personal information will be the responsibility of the service provider.
How You Can Restrict Cookies. You can restrict how cookies and other internet technologies are used to track and log data about your location and computer and mobile device usage of the Site by managing the preference settings on your browser or device. Google provides information about how collects data on its partner sites and how to restrict that data collection, at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-US.
The controls you may be able to use include:
- Managing the settings on your web browser or device
- Installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, which is described at the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on page at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Communicating directly with third-parties that we authorize to collect data on the Site as explained at:
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Purchasing a utility from an independent software provider that you install on your computer browsers to limit tracking of your browsing activity.
- Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that is used by some website operators and third parties. The Site does not respond to DNT signals.
You may choose at any time to not receive marketing communications from us by using the “unsubscribe” feature provided in our e-mail marketing messages or by contacting us and electing to opt-out from our mailing lists. See the section titled, “CONTACTING US.”
The security of your information is important to us. We maintain commercially reasonable security measures appropriate to the nature of the types of personal information we collect. However, neither people nor systems can operate in a fully secure manner and no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic data storage is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information and select third-party service providers we believe also use reasonable precautions, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal information you provide to us.
This Site is not intended for or directed to children under the age of 18. Children under 18 are not eligible to use this Site. RIC does not knowingly collect, use or disclose any information from children under the age of 18 through the Site. In the event that RIC learns it has collected any information from children under 18, we will take steps to delete such information as quickly as reasonably possible.
California law permits individual California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year, and we reserve our right not to respond to requests other than to the email address specified below.
You have certain rights regarding your personal information. To request access to the personal information we maintain regarding you or to ask us to stop processing your personal information, including for direct marketing and promotional purposes, please contact us at: